Friday, August 3, 2012

WOW! August 3 - Lea Williams

Lea and Milly Williams
My husband, David, was raised at Indian Springs Baptist Church.  When he retired from the Air Force in 1991, we made the decision to move back to Kingsport. I was unsure whether or not I wanted to attend Indian Springs Baptist Church, but since it was David’s home church we decided to visit. Before long it became apparent that this was where God wanted us.

I will forever be grateful for Brother Mike Morgan and the wonderful Sunday school teachers who were such an influence on my boy’s lives.   Chad is now a youth minister at Sharon Baptist Church in Knoxville and Tony is involved with the praise band at Glenwood.  I was privileged to be able to teach 9th and 10th grade girls for several years at the Hill Road campus. Although we left several other family members at the Hill Road campus, last fall we decided to go to Glenwood so we could be where my children are.

In 2008, we had several family issues, among them David suffered two major strokes and I had a fight with ovarian cancer.  Through all the surgeries, hospitalizations, tests and traveling it was made clear to me more than ever that God is in control – and if we trust Him and have faith – there is nothing He can’t get us through. David and I are very blessed to both be working again.

We have three beautiful grandchildren to enjoy and are blessed with a wonderful supportive family who aided and supported us through our rough patch.  They are always there for us.

I am looking forward to retiring in a few years and being able to spend even more precious time with the grand kids and other family, reading and stitching.  I am indeed very blessed!



Submitted by Kathy Neal
Communications Coordinator