Friday, January 18, 2013

WOW! ~ ISBC Woman of the Week Jan 18th~ Anetta Kirk




“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you.”

 - Isaiah 26:3

 …seems to be my life verse the past seven years.  There are some mornings I just have to say it over and over in my head while getting ready for a busy day or during a stressful time.  And then there are times where it whispers in my heart as a praise, a reflection or a moment of thankfulness.

 I’m Annetta Kirk and my family has been attending ISBC for six years.  My husband Todd and I met in our early 20’s at the church we both attended.  After seven years of hanging out as friends, the boy finally asked me out!  I jokingly tell people to imagine the brood of kids we would have if he would have married me sooner.  The truth is, we had a great foundation of friendship to build on.

 We have two kids, Leah (seven) and Joseph (four).  Being a mom has been my greatest calling.  Oh the fun, challenges and obstacles of it, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  I call myself a stay-at-home mom even though I work part-time from home as a Marketing Coordinator for Buffalo Mountain Camp in Jonesborough.  Before starting a family, I worked at several nonprofits in grant writing and development.

 I was saved at the age of 16 at a youth camp.  Having gone to church all my life, I had the head knowledge of Christ but not the heart knowledge.  I immediately became involved in the youth group going on mission trips, singing in the choir and playing the guitar.  In college, I continued helping with youth and singing.

 I love being involved in the ISBC adult choir and most recently helping with the children’s choir on Sunday nights.  Our church has been richly blessed with a plethora of musical talents and am excited to be a part of it.
~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator