Friday, December 14, 2012

WOW! ~ ISBC Woman of the Week Dec 14 ~ Vicky Eaton

Hello, my name is Vicky Eaton and I have been a member of Indian Springs Baptist Church for 20 years.  I was born in Ft. Knox, Ky and lived in Ashland, Ky from about 2 years old until leaving for University of Kentucky.  I married my high school and college sweetheart, Richard and we moved to Kingsport for Richard to start his career with Eastman. I am a Medical Technologist and worked at Medex when we first moved to Kingsport.  We were blessed with 3 sons, James, David and Brian and I spent many years at home full time with them.  Boy, did they keep me busy but I loved every minute of it.  We love our guys and love doing things with them.  I now work at Bristol Regional Medical Center in the laboratory and in the Blood Bank part time. It has been great to be able to return to the lab to work again.  It is exciting to know I am part of medical team to provide lab results to physicians and prepare blood products for our patients to help them recover from surgery, injury, chemotherapy, or illness.  It is a daily picture for me to work with donated blood to prepare for patients to save or restore their health and knowing of the eternal life saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ.

 

I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 16 years old and am so thankful for the influence of my family growing up to encourage me to follow and serve.  Even after her death, my grandmother left all of us a letter to be read to encourage us to follow the Lord. She loved us enough to make sure we heard at least one more time from her about Christ.   Indian Springs Baptist Church is a big part of our life and in the lives of our children.  I  always love serving where my children are involved so I have worked in preschool, Awana  and youth as the boys have grown.  Going on Youth Mission Trips has been a part of our summers for many years.  I recently have gone on the Youth trips to Nicaragua.  It is a blessing to serve along side with adults but also to see my boys and the youth of the church ministering to and serving the needs of others.  I pray we always love others enough to go and show the love of Christ with our actions and our words.  I look forward to more mission trips both locally and internationally. 

 

I am very thankful for my church, my church family that has been there for me to celebrate our joys and also there for me when our family has faced sadness.  I will always remember how ISBC supported our family during my nephew Bradley’s cancer diagnosis, treatments and death.  I know that the actions of love expressed to me over the years by my church family has changed me and encouraged me to be there for others in their joys and their sad times.  My prayer for myself is that I am there for others and love them with the Love of God.

~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator