Friday, January 25, 2013

WOW! ISBC Woman of the Week Jan 25th ~ Carolyn Morley


 
 
My name is Carolyn Morley.  My parents, James and Joyce McKinney, and my brothers Terry, Mark, and Steve began attending Indian Springs Baptist Church when invited by Clyde Foster, who worked with my dad. 

I later married my high school sweetheart, David Morley, in December of 1970 at Indian Springs Baptist Church.  David and I live on Bluff Road in In Kingsport, TN.  God has blessed us with three wonderful children and five grandchildren.

 
Nathan and his wife, Melissa have two children, Cortney, 16, and Daniel, 12. They live in Nashville, NC.  Matt also lives in Nashville, TN.

Deborah M. Smith lives in Bristol, TN with her husband, Mark Smith, and their three daughters, Madeline,7, Makenzie, 5, and Marissa, who will be 3 in February.  They also attend Indian Springs Baptist Church. 


David and I love being grandparents! 


I accepted Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior at a local church in November 1972.  Since then, I have taught Sunday School  in children’s and women’s classes in churches we have attended.

 
Around 1990 I was invited to attend Bible Study Fellowship by a teacher with whom I taught at  Robinson Middle School.  Through this personal daily Bible Study my faith began to grow in the LORD. 

After completing several annual Bible Studies in BSF, I was invited to become a BSF Children’s Leader for the BSF children’s class.  Preparing my weekly lessons for my group of children further enhanced my love for God’s Word!  I discovered that I learned more about principles taught in the Bible by my daily preparation to teach God’s Word.

Today, I still attend BSF as a class member.  I benefit greatly from the structured daily question and searching for answers from the Bible.  My time with Him in His Word each day is precious!
 
~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator