Friday, January 4, 2013

WOW! ~ ISBC Woman of the Week Jan 4th ~ Cindy Dunford


My name is Cindy Dunford. I am married to Mark Dunford, whom I met at a "best friend's wedding." We have 2 sons, Matthew and Kirk. I have to say, I love "my 3 boys" and find great joy in them. We enjoy hiking, bike riding, camping, and going to the beach.

I have been a member of ISBC since birth. I have been a christian since the age of 14. I made my profession of faith at a Youth Evangelism Conference in Nashville, TN. At that time the Lord placed many people in my path, including Bro. Mike, Sunday schoool teachers, and friends who encouraged me and taught me the Word. My parents have also been a great inspiration to me in my walk with the Lord by their examples of service and wisdom.

At a very young age I felt God's calling on my life to teach. In fact, I used to practice on my brothers. No wonder they're so smart! I have taught elementary school for 16 years. I presently teach the 5th and 6th grade girls. I also enjoy participating in various Bible studies .

A verse that has become very special to me is 2 Corinthians 1:12. I often think about the legacy I am leaving for my children as well as the example I set before my students each day. I fail often and I am so thankful for His grace and His mercies which are new each day. I am truly blessed!

~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator