Monday, February 18, 2013

Healthy Chicken Salad for One.. no mayo!



Corinthians 9:27     
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

I know you are thinking "What does that verse have to do with a chicken salad recipe for one?"  Nothing, except for I needed to hear this verse today.  We have moved a week ago and then started projects every where, such as hardwood floors.  We have been living in shambles, out of boxes, and on sub floors for a week.  So...what happens? I fall off track myself.  Yes, I said it, I'm human too.  We have eaten out quite a bit (at not clean places) and been busy.  I haven't worked out (other than helping lay hardwood which doesn't count) in the last 2 weeks.  So, today, in the madness and chaos of flooring, a birthday party, and a basketball game later with kids out of school for President's day, I pledge to get back on track today.  I don't feel well when I get off track and I'm ready to get back to my normal routine.  I haven't eaten bad for every meal or gone hog wild or anything...but I did eat something that I am not sure was even food lol (McD nuggets out of a happy meal..aaaahhhhh!!).  We all get busy and fall off track..the key is getting back on. 

So, I am sharing this recipe because this is something that I really like.  You can make it quickly and it's good to double and leave in the fridge. You can cook extra chicken at dinner and have this at lunch the next day.  Sometimes I boil the chicken, somtimes I use the New Wave Oven.   You can eat it on lettuce for low carbs or you can eat it on gluten free or Ezekiel Bread.

Eat Clean Chicken Salad for One With Greek Yogurt
1 cooked chicken breast chopped
1 organic celery stalk
10-15 red seedless organic grapes
1 Tbsp chopped pecans
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1tsp honey
1tsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
sea salt to taste (optional)

I like to cook my chicken by boiling it. Chop up all ingredients, put them in a bowl, stir them up, ENJOY! How easy is that!!

boil chicken


all my ingredients


chop it all up and place in bowl


see chia seed post for great benefits from this little seed


Mix it all up


put it on bread or on top of romaine lettuce..YUMMY!!!




I add sea salt and cracked pepper to taste :D

I like to use this chicken because they are individually sealed breasts..easy to freeze and lay out one breast at a time.