Friday, February 8, 2013

WOW! ISBC Woman of the Week Feb 8th ~ Carolyn Cook

Carolyn.JPG
Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths.
I am Carolyn Cook and I have been a member of Indian Springs Baptist Church for nearly 40 years. I was saved at the age of 13 at Euclid Avenue Baptist Church in Bristol, Virginia and have loved the Lord and tried to serve him ever since. I have taught Sunday School, been a Mission Friends leader for about 15 years, served in Bible School several years and served as a leader of MAGI Senior Group for several years. I have been very active in WMU (Missions has always been my passion), Anne's Sisters Cancer Support Group (I have been a survivor of 23 years) and my Sunday School Class which I love very much.
I am married to Lee Allen Cook and we have been happily married for nearly 53 years. We have two children, David who lives in North Carolina and Sherry Booher who lives in Kingsport and two grandsons, Alex and Tyler Booher who are students at Indian Springs School.
I have been a member of Indian Springs FCE (Family and Community Education) for more than 30 years, serving as President in my Club, President of Sullivan County FCE and President of Eastern Region FCE along with several other offices. I have served on the TAFCE state board and I am a member of the National NAFCE. This is an organization that helps to teach and serve others in our community.
Thank you for asking me to be the WOW of the week.
~Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator