Friday, March 8, 2013

ISBC WOW! Woman of the Week March 8 ~ Valerie Rector


I was born & raisd in Lake Hopatcong, N.J. I first moved here in 1989. Then again in 1997. Been here since & this is my home. I'm a new Christian and love discovering God & the Bible. I was raised in a Presbyterian church.I stopped attending church for quite awhile. Went down some rocky roads until I was first saved by an amazing man & his family. I was invited to attend church at Indian Springs in 2011. That is when I excepted Jesus Christ. A few weeks later I was saved & baptised. That was the most wonderful day of my life. I have 5 beautiful children & 1 grandaughter. I'm a fulltime mom & am employed by an in-home non-medical care company. I have a need to take care of the elderly & disabled. My wish is to be able to do private care & not have to work through a company.I have worked many jobs but none been as rewarding as caring for someone. I love sports & the outdoors. Have an addiction to books...it's insane. Love to cook, bake, entertain & shop. Mexican food is my weakness and animals melt my heart..especially horses. I like to live a simple life but we all know nothing is simple. I believe you just need a little faith & never take anything for granted. I learned to let go and let God take control. I grow more everyday with Christ in my life.

~ Submitted by Jessica Poff
ISBC Women's Ministry
Events Coordinator