Friday, May 24, 2013

WOW! ISBC Woman of the Week ~ May 24 ~ Leslie McCrackin


Hi!  My name is Leslie McCrackin.  I am a real estate agent by day, but my real job is to be “Mom” to my two children, Emily and Nicholas!

 
My story has many twists and turns…. many ups and downs….but my story is also the story of God’s great grace and mercy….of His wonderful Redemption!

 
I was raised in a wonderful Christian home.  My parents, Keith and Gloria, also members here, brought my brother, sister, and I up in the nurturing and admonition of the Lord.  I could not have asked for a better life!  Encouragement, love, and laughter were, and still are, freely given and freely enjoyed in our family.   I gave my life to Jesus as a teenager and quickly learned that He is capable of meeting all our needs.

 
My life continued to be extremely blessed…. extremely happy….as I met and married my husband in 1990.  We started our family and began the joyous task of raising our two children. 

 
In 2004, my cozy and comfortable world came crashing down as my husband Danny was killed in a tragic car accident.   Although my faith told me that God was right there with us through it all, my world seemed dark for many months…many years actually… and there are still days when grief rears its ugly head, and I wish that our lives were different.  Even so, I can’t begin to list all the things that my Father has provided for my little family.   He has been our Rock…. our Refuge….He has been so faithful. 

 
Has my life been perfect?  No, my life has been far from perfect…because we are imperfect people.  Has my life been difficult?  Yes.  At times, I have had trouble focusing on God’s provision…and have allowed myself to see only what we don’t have…what we lost.   However, my grief counselor said something to me that I will never, ever forget…. words that I say to myself almost everyday.  He said, “There is nothing that has happened here that cannot be REDEEMED.”  

These are words that I have carried with me for the last 9 years.  God is my ultimate Redeemer.   He has a plan for me…He has a plan for each of my children…and He has a plan for you!   He is bigger than any circumstance we face… He is stronger than any struggle we endure…

 
I encourage you to spend time with Him in prayer and in His Word…seek Him with all your heart…. worship Him in spirit and in truth…and in song!  J  It is there that you will find Him to be all you need…. even in your most difficult days.

 
Jeremiah 29:11:  “I know the plans I have for you;” says the Lord your God,  “plans for good and not for evil; plans to give you a future and a hope.” 

~Submitted by Jessica Poff
ISBC Women's Ministry
Events Coordinator