Friday, May 25, 2012

WOW! ISBC Woman of the Week ~ Brooke Phillippe




My name is Brooke Phillippe.  I grew up in  a Christian family.  My father was in the Navy so for the first 5 years of my life we lived overseas.  My father got reassigned to a military base in VA Beach, VA.  When we moved back to the states that is when I accepted Jesus into my life and heart.  I was 7, but I can remember the excitement of that day when I finally got to tell everyone that I loved the Lord.   It is the same exciting feeling I get everyday just knowing that he is near. When my parents decided to move back to TN I was 13 and was not happy with that decision.  I didn’t want to leave all my friends and start over in middle school.  But looking back now, I see how God’s hand was in everything and how he protected me.  Even though I didn’t know it at the time I see my childhood friends now and all the struggles they went through and I praise the Lord I did not have those struggles because I know if we had stayed in VA Beach my life would have turned out very differently, but God had a plan for my life.


The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, I am overjoyed to think about it.  I work in a school system that allows teachers to talk to students about God and church openly, we have a prayer group at school and when you walk in the door there is a huge banner that states, In God We Trust.  I know that my Savior put me where I am for a reason.  Part of the fun is figuring out what those reasons might be.  I know that when a door gets shut he will open a new one.  My favorite Bible Verse is Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.


As a Christian I am reminded that life is hard but we have a Savior with us at all times.  Like the Bible says in Matthew 7: 24-25 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.


I have been a member of ISBC for 4 years.  My husband Jon and I joined after we were married.  In November, we are happy to say that we will be welcoming our first child into the world.

~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
   ISBC Women's Ministry
   Communications Coordinator