Monday, February 25, 2013

7 day Detox Drink



Psalm 51:10          
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Several of you saw me mention a detox drink on facebook and messaged me for the recipe.  I decided to do the post this week on it so I could tell you all about it.  This recipe is from the Jillian Michael's book.  It is very easy to make with simple ingredients.  It tastes like lemon water with a kick and you sip on it throughout the day.  This is not a fat loss drink, this is a detox drink.  It helps your body get rid of toxins and extra fluid.  You will lose water weight, which is great if you are feeling bloated and yucky :D.  I have done it for 4 days now.  I have lost 3 lbs in the last 4 days.  (be prepared to go to the potty and pee a lot) :D  I am used to drinking this much water and more in a day and I can really tell a difference between drinking just plain water all day and this as far as the effects of going to the bathroom more often. I know TMI, but I am just being real.

You make the recipe once a day and drink it throughout the day.  Do this everyday for 7 days in a row.

Here is the recipe and all the ingredients are found locally.

7 Day Detox Drink

60 ounces of purified or spring water
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Pure Cranberry Juice no sugar added on ingredients
1 Dandelion Tea Bag

Mix all the ingredients together sip on all day.  I put 8 ounces of water in the microwave for a minute, steep the tea bag for 5 min, pour the water in to the mixture along with the tea bag.  Leave this bag in the water all day as you drink out of it.  I mix mine in a pitcher and leave it out on the counter at room temp all day and pour it in to my cup to drink.

I got this at Kroger on the ORGANIC AISLE..its the third mini aisle in organic section near produce in Kingsport Kroger

I got this at Mac's Medicine Mart ..it was $11 for the concentrate..you only have to use one teaspoon of this in the recipe. It's 100% just cranberries.
 
They do have pure cranberry juice at Kroger ON THE ORGANIC AISLE ONLY... that has the ingredients of cranberries and water only. Its $2.98 on sale this week.

I got this at walmart in a hurry below..look at this tricky sneaky labeling!!
it says 100% juice ..no sugar added cranberry


so this is what the side panel said after I got home and looked....it says 100% juice from apple and pear fruit, cranberries...then other junk..