Friday, September 21, 2012

WOW ~ ISBC Woman of the Week Sept 21 ~ Jeralyn Collins

 
 


My name is Jeralyn Collins. I am a native Floridian, born and raised in Pensacola.

I was raised in a godly home with parents who loved Jesus and faithfully took me to church. I have an older sister named Patrice who lives in Pensacola. I came to know Jesus at the age of 8 and love going to church. At the age of 16, I felt the Lord calling me into full-time ministry. I was very active in GA's and Acteens and felt like I would probably be a missionary. After graduating from University of West Florida with a degree in Special Education, I enrolled in New Orleans Baptist Seminary and graduated with a Masters degree in Religious Education. From there I went to Hattiesburg, Mississippi where I served as Children's minister at Temple Baptist Church for 4 years. 
 
All this time I was praying for a godly husband and on January 24, 1992 I met this handsome, winsome young man on a blind date. I was already dating someone else but I agreed to go on this date anyway. Much to my surprise and delight, I fell in love with this young man named Roc Collins. I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said he wanted to be a preacher. I said, "Really???" God works in mysterious ways and always has a plan for our lives. I had claimed Jeremiah 29:11 that says that God has a plan for me, a plan for a future and a hope. We were married on July 4 and God has blessed our marriage and family in a mighty way.We have had the privelege of serving several churches in our years together and also full-time evangelism. God has always been faithful to lead us and provide for us in so many ways. We have two handsome, healthy sons name Ro and Noah who love the Lord and remind us every day of our blessings. They keep us laughing and they also keep us on our knees praying especially since Ro is driving.

I am a big fan of old Mustangs, 1964 1/2 especially, and also am a ventriloquist. I enjoy sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, working in my yard and hanging out with my boys (all 3 of them). My biggest joy in life is knowing and serving my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am blessed to be the wife of our pastor, the mother of our precious boys and most of all a child of the Most Holy God.
 
~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator