Monday, October 22, 2012

Cluttered Brain Syndrome


I'm a little late writing my post today. It has been a Monday all day. My intentions to write early this morning were good, but Charles was making a rare appearance at lunch and I wanted to have a good lunch prepared, so I cooked and cleaned house this morning, then I was distracted by e-mails, Holiday Dinner preparation, phone calls, and the tri-billion leaves that were piled up on our lower lot. By the time I had cluttered my brain with all of that, I had forgotten about the blog. 

How easy it is to become distracted by everything around us, and to lose focus. Today, I focused on family, and that isn't a bad thing. It was overdue. However, there are many more times that I let busyness steal my time, and before I know it it's bedtime and I haven't had any alone time with God. And the thing is, I can't hear from him if I'm not listening.

I've been praying a lot about various things and had three big breakthroughs before noon today. For that I am grateful and rejoicing! A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you that my wedding business had closed. At the time I didn't know what I was going to do, or what God had in store for me. Tomorrow I start my first day back in my dream job! I will be back working at the Greater Kingsport Family YMCA! I am excited! Fitness has been my passion since I was a child. The wedding work was a hobby that became a business. I am thrilled to be going home, so-to-speak. Throughout the years I have thought that God was finished with me in the fitness field, but he keeps taking me back to it, so evidently he isn't.

Don't you find it encouraging to know that God cares about the details of our lives? He will use us when we are willing to be obedient.  I can't wait to see what he has for me in this new old venture. I wonder who I will meet, and who I can help. (and how much weight I will lose HA!)

He cares about you, too.  Whatever your struggle is, whatever your needs are, he cares. You can make all the plans you want, but if you let him do all the planning and you do all the doing, you will be a whole lot happier, because he knows what is best for you.

The words to this old song are true:

Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand,
But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand.

Pam Archer, Director
ISBC Women's Ministry