Friday, November 2, 2012

ISBC Wow! ~ Woman of the Week Nov 2nd~ Nancy Cradic




My name is Nancy Cradic.  I am married to Willard. We have one son Robert, his wife Angela, grandson Ryan and granddaughter Liliana.  I retired from Kingsport City Schools as a teaching assistant after 25 years of service.  My hobbies include: cooking, gardening, traveling and exercising. 


I want to share with you the impact Glenwood Baptist Church has had on my life.  I was born on October 3, 1942.  It was the custom at that time, when a baby was born, the infant became a member of the "Cradle Roll".  A visitor would come into the home and present the new mother with a rosebud.  The mother and child would receive a visit each month until they were able to be in church.  My mother began taking me when I was three weeks old.  Thus began my journey at Glenwood.  I was saved in a revival meeting when I was eight years old.  My mother, paternal grandmother and older sister had the greatest Christian influence on my life.  I am reminded often of the leaders at Glenwood that taught the truths of the Bible and also set the example to serve God as He leads.  Through the years God has enabled me to serve Him in different areas of the church.  He has always been faithful to give me the guidance I needed as I taught in the preschool and children's departments.  I, also, led the Children's Choir for several years. 


When I first began to hear about the plans for Indian Springs Baptist Church and Glenwood to merge I was reminded that Glenwood started ISBC as a mission church in 1955.  I realized that I was 13 years old at that time and can vaguely remember when that took place.  Since this merger took place it is exciting not only to observe, but to be involved with the transition and growth that is taking place on the Glenwood Campus.  The classrooms are once again filled with parents and children that are coming to church to learn about God.  We are blessed with dedicated leaders that enjoy teaching those in attendance.  God is once again using me to work within the preschool department.  We are blessed to have faithful teachers to lead in our senior Sunday School classes.  Glenwood now has a place for everyone.  It is truly a blessing to once again see all the classrooms filled with people of all ages.  We must remember to give God the praise for all that He has done. 

One of my favorite Bible verses is:
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Phillipians 4:13 KJV



~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator