Friday, October 26, 2012

ISBC WOW! ~ Woman of the Week October 26 ~ Pam Archer


 
 
 Hello! I am Pam Archer. I have been a member of ISBC since 1978. I remember when high attendance day at ISBC was 300, so it has been a blessing to see the changes and growth over the years. I love my Lord, family, and church! Currently, I am serving as the Director of Women’s Ministry. I have a heart for ministry to women, and a team that serves alongside of me who loves Jesus and are eager to share that love with others.

 
I was born in Knoxville, TN to a Baptist minister. I am the 5th of six children. We learned about Jesus from the time we were born. I have been in church since before I was born, but my first official visit was when I was three weeks old. That was a very long time ago! I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I was 8. It has been a journey, for sure. My mother told me that Jesus is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. That is so true. He has been my best friend for 54 years! Never once has he let me down, even when I let him down.

 
My three daughters grew up in ISBC; Maria Wayland Labarbera, Beth Wayland, and Abby Simmons Weaver. I am so thankful for a church that helped me to teach them the Word and nurture them throughout their young lives. All three went through the youth group and youth choir under the instruction of Mike Morgan. I am proud to say they are all three serving the Lord, largely due to the influence of the leadership at ISBC.

 
Charles, (Chuck), and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage this December. God has been so good to us! He is the ISBC men’s softball coach. He is the funniest man I know and he makes me laugh every day.


I’ve spent most of my adult life as a fitness educator, personal trainer, and group fitness instructor. I was fortunate to have had many opportunities in the fitness industry, which I viewed as my ministry. I did 30 TV shows and 2 videos for Jenny Craig, Int’l, which aired on Fox Sports Net and the Health Network for two years. I have also produced and been in numerous other exercise videos, the latest being Body Gospel, by Beachbody Fitness. I wrote a fitness column for the Times News for 11 years. All of this was under my company, Archer Fitness Consultants, Inc.

 
I recently closed Pamela’s Exclusive Floral and Event Design http://www.pamelaseventdesign.com, after twelve years of doing wedding and event design. My family worked with me in that business. I know that God has something new for me to do, so I am praying about what that is and looking for opportunities. He moves us where he wants us. We just need to be willing to go where he sends us. I look forward to the new adventures he has in store for me. He has always been faithful to me!

 
I have several life verses, but my favorite is Jeremiah 29:11 –“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”


~ Submitted by Kathy Neal
ISBC Women's Ministry
Communications Coordinator